Here are a few things to do to take charge of your personal safety and the safety
of your friends:
- Never leave your drink unattended. If you accidentally leave it somewhere, throw it
out. Do not provide an opportunity for someone to put something in your drink.
- Do not accept drinks from someone that has been opened or been mixed by someone other
than a trusted friend.
- If you choose to drink alcoholic beverages, DO NOT DRINK IN EXCESS.
- If you are with a friend who is passed out, vomiting, or semi-responsive, take charge
of their personal safety. Keep a close watch on them, and if necessary, get the emergency
medical care that they need.
- If you are drinking, NEVER take a chance on driving a vehicle. Call a taxi company,
SAFERIDE, UBER/Lyft, or a sober friend.
- Take personal responsibility to keep your friends safe and ensure that they get home.
You can be the person who steps up to be their hero for the night.