The Department of Public Safety Emergency Preparedness Division has three primary responsibilities. First, we design and conduct an annual Tabletop Exercise for critical parts of the University to test existing preparedness plans in the event of an emergency on campus. Second, we support and assist with the coordination of first responders during emergency situations. Finally, we provide training and information on preparedness, protection, response, recovery, and mitigation issues to the main and satellite campuses. This includes assisting the Ferris Community with the development and maintenance of emergency plans.
This webpage will allow you to access important information pertaining to emergency preparedness at FSU. Please use the links below to learn about policies and procedures that are currently in place and ways that you can take part by preparing yourself for an emergency.
Please contact the Ferris Department of Public Safety with any further questions or comments by calling (231) 591-5000.
- 01/21/2018 Emergency Messaging: Rave & Alertus
University Emergency Preparedness
- Active Attack Prevention & Response
- Continuity Planning Tool Initial Setup Form (DOC)
- FSU Business Continuity Planning Guide (DOC)
- Ferris Recognized as a StormReady University
- Ferris State University Emergency Broadcast System
- Emergency and Safety Procedures Guide (PDF)
- Public Safety policy letter (PDF)
- Homeland Security and Emergency Response Policy
- Inclement Weather Policy (PDF)