Public Health MPH Online
Master of Public Health
Catalog Listing · MPH Home Page
Advisor/MPH Program Coordinator:
Michael K. Reger, PhD, MPH
The Master of Public Health program prepares students to work in many diverse areas of public health. The Ferris program provides an additional focus on the special population health needs of rural communities. The MPH program provides students with several focused areas of study such as epidemiology, health services administration, environmental health, and health education/behavioral science.
Some of the benefits this MPH program offers to you are:
- Fully online program - completion in two years or less
- Accelerated BS Public Health to Master Public Health available with completion of both degrees in five years or less
- Low student-to-faculty ratio with a focus on supporting individual students
- Faculty with professional experience - no course taught by a teaching assistant
- Capstone experiences in two stages better prepare graduates for the real world
- Job opportunities - above average job growth in public health specialties*
- Career enhancement - advancement to managerial and professional positions
* For example, according to the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook (2014), the job growth 2012-2022 for environmental scientists is 15%, versus 11% for all occupations.