September 21, 2020
As part of the University’s continued commitment to monitor, contain, and prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are conducting ongoing, risk-stratified and random COVID-19 testing throughout the fall semester. To date, the University has tested all residential students at move-in, all student athletes, and a second round of testing for all students living in a residence hall with a higher prevalence of COVID-19 positive tests.
We have 200 testing appointments available this week for asymptomatic students, faculty, and staff who would like to voluntary test for COVID-19.
Please note the following:
- Testing will take place on Tuesday, September 22, from 9 AM to 4 PM at the Wink Arena.
- The University will pay for the test.
- The test used is a simple, do-it-yourself, nasal swab PCR test.
- Your participation is voluntary.
- As always, please stay at your personal residence if you are not feeling well. Symptomatic students, or those currently quarantined, should not participate in this testing. Alternatively must self-isolate or continue to quarantine, complete the Symptom Checker, and follow up with the Birkam Health Center for a screening and referral to be tested at Spectrum Health.
If you would like to test, please visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4EA4A62DA6FEC07-voluntary to sign up in advance for the hour slot that works best with your schedule.
On Tuesday, September 22, you may arrive any time within your hour time slot. However, it is recommended that you arrive at least 20 minutes before the end of your scheduled hour.
Test results will generally be available within 24-48 hours. Negative results will be communicated by email. Students that test positive will receive communication and follow up from the Birkam Health Center.
Thank you for your continued efforts to maintain the health and safety of our campus community.
Joy N. Pulsifer
Dean of Student Life