Information Regarding Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA), Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) Grants
1. Ferris State University has been awarded additional US Department of Education, CRRSAA funding. Ferris State University intends to use the funds as required. The CRRSAA requires that institutions receiving funding under section 314(a)(1) provide the “same amount” of funding in financial aid grants to students that it was required to provide under its original Student Aid Portion (CFDA 84.425E) allocation amount of $4,573,407.
2. Ferris State University has received $4,573,407 from the US Department of Education pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to Ferris State University students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of 3/15/21 is $4,573,407.
4. The estimated total number of students at Ferris State University eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 6,098
5. The total number of Ferris State University students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of 3/26/21 is 6,098.
6. SPRING 2021: In order to qualify, students must have been enrolled during the declared national emergency and be an eligible. Eligible student include US citizens or eligible non-citizens. Grants may be used for any component of the students cost of attendance or for emergency costs that arise due to the coronavirus, such as tuition food, housing, health care or childcare. The maximum grant amount is $750. FSU has automatically awarded students determined to have the highest financial need, including those who’s out of pocket costs are greatest, when compared to their expected family contribution. For all other students Ferris has implemented an online application and the conditions above will be confirmed electronically upon submission.
7. Information and application instructions are provided to FSU students at https://www.ferris.edu/HTMLS/news/coronavirus/cares-act-funding.htm.