The Ferris Pride Committee is sponsoring its inaugural Ferris Pride Thankful for Thanksgiving Contest. This contest is an opportunity to demonstrate your Thanksgiving holiday spirit and Ferris pride at the same time. This contest is open to all Ferris students ready to showcase Ferris pride. Prizes will be awarded to the top three entrants. Additionally, this year also includes a faculty/staff prize winner for showcasing Ferris pride during the holidays. Contest winners will be selected by a panel of judges and will receive a Ferris pullover and a second smaller prize.
Winners will be notified by the email account used to submit their entry. Prizes will most likely be awarded in January, near the beginning of the Spring 2021 semester.
To enter, we ask that you:
- Wear Ferris apparel while on your holidays break (no matter where you are).
- Take a “Ferris Pride” picture of yourself wearing your Ferris “gear” while on holiday break (a reminder: photos including alcohol, alcohol promotions, drugs, drug paraphernalia or nudity will not be judged and will be destroyed).
- Email your “Ferris Pride” photo to [email protected]. All entries should include the following information for ALL individuals prominently
pictured in the photo and appropriate identified, for example: pictured left to right:
- First and Last name
- Academic Major
- Year in school of the individual or individuals officially submitting the photo
- A caption that describes where the photo was taken, the date it was taken, and what the person is doing at that location.
Please keep in mind photos submitted may be posted on official Ferris social media accounts in addition to other Ferris publications. Contestants are encouraged to be safe and creative while taking their photos and submit to submit them as early as possible while on break between semesters. The official entrant/winner is the person who takes/submits the photo for the contest. The deadline for submission is Sunday, Nov. 29, 2020 by 11:59 p.m.