1. Go to the Ferris State University homepage at www.ferris.edu.
- Hover over "Academics" in the red menu bar, and select "Look Up Classes"
2. Select the appropriate term from the drop-down menu and click submit.
3. Enter your search criteria.
- Instructions for using the search are provided at the top of the “Class Schedule Search” page.
- Select the subject and enter the course number. (If you need help deciding on what courses to take you can view a list of possible dual enrollment classes).
- Leave the time and days blank to see all the courses that are available for a specific subject and course number.
- Make sure to select a campus.
- For classes on the main Big Rapids campus, select “Main Big Rapids."
- For fully online classes, select "Big Rapids/EIO."
- Click “Class Search” at the bottom of the page.
4. Select your class from the search results.
- Write down the Course Reference Number (CRN), Course Prefix and Number, Section Number, and Course Title of the classes you are interested in, as you will need to include this information on the Course Registration and Payment Authorization Form.
- Click on the Course Title of the section you are interested in to view the detailed class information.
5. View the detailed class information to verify that there are open seats in the class.
- “Capacity” represents the maximum seats available in that section.
- “Actual” shows how may students have registered at the time of your search.
- “Remaining” shows how many seats are available at the time of your search.