Students must meet the following requirements for admission to the FerrisNow dual enrollment program:
- Be currently pursuing a high school diploma
- For high school freshmen, sophomores, and juniors: possess a 3.2 or higher cumulative high school GPA (new transcript must be submitted each semester)
- For high school seniors: possess a 3.0 or higher cumulative high school GPA (new transcript must be submitted each semester)
- Must have approval from the student’s high school counselor and/or principal.
- Completed the Plan, ACT, PSAT, or MME and meet the qualifying criteria for admission into the dual enrollment program-click here to view the list of qualifying test scores
- Interested in taking courses at the university level
1. Meet with your high school counselor and/or principal to discuss the Dual Enrollment
- Make sure you will be able to coordinate college classes with your current high school
- If you are expecting the school to pay for your college classes, you will need to get payment information from your school.
- Once you have permission from your school to attend Ferris State’s Dual Enrollment program, you can complete the application for dual enrollment and submit your application materials.
2. Complete the online FerrisNow application and submit the following application materials through your high school or career
technical center guidance office.
- Complete the Course Registration, Authorization to Release Information, and Payment Authorization form that's available on the Dual Enrollment Student Resources webpage. Sign the application and obtain approval signatures from your parent(s)/guardian(s) and high school counselor or principal. (This form is also available from your high school counselor).
- Request that your high school guidance office submit your current high school transcript, test scores, and the Course Registration, Authorization to Release Information, and Payment Authorization form to the Office of Transfer and Secondary School Partnerships at Ferris State.
- Note: Student materials must be submitted by the high school guidance office. Materials submitted by students will not be accepted.
3. If you are accepted to the dual enrollment program, you must complete the Course
Registration, Authorization to Release Information, and Payment Authorization form
each semester dual enrollment classes are taken through Ferris State.
4. Once you have been accepted to the Dual Enrollment program, you can prepare for your Ferris course(s).
Requirements for Continued Enrollment
Students do not have to fill out a new pre-college application if they enroll for subsequent semesters after being accepted. An updated transcript and an updated Course Registration, Authorization to Release Information, and Payment Authorization form must be submitted every semester. Students may continue to participate in the dual enrollment program if the meet the following criteria:
- Students must have the permission of their high school and parent(s)/guardian(s).
- High school freshmen, sophomores, and juniors must have at least a 3.25 GPA.
- High school seniors must have at least a 3.00 GPA.
- Students must obtain a “C” or higher in courses taken through dual enrollment and maintain a 2.00 overall GPA at Ferris State.