Registration for Summer 2019 dual enrollment classes has begun. Students may view the Summer 2019 course schedule. Instructions about searching for classes is available by clicking here.
Visit the Applying for the Dual Enrollment program website for detailed information about applying to the dual enrollment program and student eligibility criteria.
Dual enrollment courses are college courses that are taught by an adjunct or full-time professor at one of the Ferris State University locations, online or in a high school setting. Courses can be used for both high school and college credit. Students must meet legislated dual enrollment guidelines to enroll for dual enrollment. Some dual enrollment courses may be offered at a high school location.
- Students can take classes that are not available in their high schools, allowing them to expand their academic interests and experiences
- College courses provide students with additional academic challenges beyond the high school level
- The credits students earn may help them complete their college degree sooner, as many Ferris courses transfer to other colleges
- Students earning dual enrollment credit may enjoy greater flexibility as full time college students by pursuing a second major or taking advantage of study abroad and/or internship opportunities
- Students may be able to reduce the cost of a college education since tuition may be covered by the high school
You may be eligible for a $1,000 Ferris Next Scholarship if you earned at least three college credits with a "C" or higher through Ferris while you were in high school. Scholarship information is available on the Incoming Freshmen Scholarships webpage .
- Application for FerrisNow/Dual Enrollment Students
- Admissions Requirements for Dual Enrollment
- How to Search for Ferris Classes
- Michigan Department of Education Frequently Asked Questions
- Possible Courses for Dual Enrollment Students
- Student Application Process
*must be submitted by the student's high school guidance counselor
Click here to view the Dual Enrollment Student Resources webpage. It contains information for current and future dual enrollment students, and links to important Ferris State Resources.