The FerrisNow Conference is an opportunity for FerrisNow partners from across the state to come together to learn and network in order to support student success.
Date: March 16, 2020
Location: University Center on the Ferris-Big Rapids campus
Additional information will be posted during the 2019-2020 academic year.
The 2019 FerrisNow Conference was held on March 18 at the University Center on the Big Rapids campus.
Check back soon for additional presentations.
- FerrisNow New Instructor Orientation
- How to Make the Impact You Intend: Encouraging a College Student Identity
- Creating a Brave and Inclusive Classroom Learning Environment
- FerrisNow: Navigating Student Services Processes
- Integrating Social and Emotional Learning into the Classroom
Discipline Specific Sessions
- Building Strong Partnerships for Successful Students (Dr. Jason Bentley, Dean of Retention and Student Success)
- The Anatomy of Failure (Denise VanEck, Owner and Founder of Thought Design)
- Incorporating College Readiness Skills in Concurrent Enrollment Classrooms (Dr. Kirk Weller, Mathematics Department Head &Kristen Conley, Developmental Curriculum Assistant Professor)
- Integrating Soft Skills into Courses (Michelle Albright, Coordinator of Career & Volunteer Centers)
- Making it Stick (Dr. Brooke Moore, Doctor of Community College Leadership Texas Program Director and Faculty Coordinator of Special Projects)
- Providing Access Through Successful Partnerships (Dr. DeeDee Stakley, Director of the Office of Transfer and Secondary School Partnerships & Leah Melichar, Pre-College Specialist)
- Utilizing Game-Based Education in the Classroom (Dr. Andrew Peterson, Coordinator of Instructional Technology)