Staff members of the Disability Services are available to meet with faculty members, staff, and students to:
- Act as your consultant to verify (with the student's permission) a disability and the need for accommodations and to recommend appropriate accommodations
- Assist in arranging for sign-language interpreters, notetakers, readers, tutors, and adaptive technology.
- Conduct seminars and informal meetings, or to talk with instructors on the phone about accommodating students' disabilities in the classroom.
- Act as a resource to facilitate improvement of physical access.
- Arrange appropriate test-taking accommodations, given sufficient notice.
Additional Resources for Faculty
- The American Psychological Association offers useful suggestions for interacting with persons with disabilities.
- Universal Course Design
- For that material which is graphical in nature, create text-based descriptions of material.
- The Faculty Room, an online resource for faculty and administrators in postsecondary institutions nationwide.
- Oregon State University: Faculty Staff Guidelines