The purpose of the Liaison Committee for Students with Disabilities is to:
- Advocate for persons with disabilities in all campus issues
- Recommend appropriate changes or modifications in policies, procedures, and services
- Assist with outreach to the campus community
- Identify and promote professional development needs of University staff to facilitate successful learning opportunities
- Support awareness activities to benefit students with disabilities
- Develop and monitor strategies for improving physical access to the University campus
- Identify resources, support and systems available to students with disabilities
- Discuss assistive technologies, electronic resources and Web access issues
The Liaison Committee for Students with Disabilities is comprised of faculty, students and administrative staff at Ferris State University.
2017-18 Committee Membership
The Liaison Committee for Students with Disabilities serves in an advisory capacity and does not make policy, procedures, or regulations for students at Ferris State University.