The following specific admission requirements for Ferris State University Welding Engineering Technology BS degree program are in effect for the fall 2019 academic semester.
To be eligible for the Welding Engineering Technology, the following requirements must be met:
- Application for admission submitted by January 15 prior to fall term requested
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in Welding Technology
- A minimum 3.0 honor point average overall
- Satisfy all prerequisites to enter FSU MATH 130 (MATH 120)
- Satisfy all prerequisites to enter FSU EEET 301 (EEET 201)
- FSU PHYS 211 - Introductory Physics I or equivalent transfer course
- FSU ETEC 140 - Engineering Graphics Comprehensive or equivalent transfer course
- FSU MATL 240 - Introduction to Material Science or equivalent transfer course
- Achieve a minimum score of 70 on the NOCTI Job Readiness Assessment for Welding (Test Code 4272) prior to starting the program in the fall semester.
Upon referral of a completed student application from the Ferris State Admissions Office, the Welding Program Coordinator evaluates applicants to the WELE BS degree program. As enrollment capacity dictates, successful applicants are placed on the appropriate “Wait List” or accepted into the WELE BS degree program for the requested academic semester. Applicants are notified of their current standing by the FSU Admissions Office and by a letter directly from the Welding Engineering Technology Department.
Additional information can be requested from the Welding Engineering Technology Department Office at 231-591-2511 or via email at [email protected].
General Transfer Admissions information and an online application to Ferris State can be found at the following web links.