Pictured above are Welding Engineering Technology 2019 Hall of Fame inductees and alumni Eric Young, Kurt Hofman, Paul Boes, Joe Mikols, Amos Winsand, Robert Hofman, Tim Bur, Raymond Fayer, Dave Snider and Ferris President David Eisler.
The Welding Engineering Technology Hall of Fame, established in 2016, acknowledges the outstanding leaders who have excelled and achieved significant success in the welding industry and are intrinsically linked to the Welding Engineering Technology program at Ferris State University. The highest honor awarded by the program, the WET Hall of Fame is only reserved for our exemplary supporters, alumni, and dedicated former faculty whose contributions cannot be overlooked. The WET Hall of Fame is designed to honor, preserve, and perpetuate their legacy and to inspire Ferris’ Welding Engineering Technology students, young professionals, and budding business and engineering managers. These outstanding leaders will be forever recognized for their significant impact on the landscape of welding and on the Welding Engineering Technology program at Ferris.
This honor recognizes individuals that have made a significant impact on the landscape of welding. Nominees must illustrate extraordinary leadership, have experienced significant success in the welding industry community, or be a former Welding Engineering Technology faculty member. Additionally, they must serve as role models for Welding Engineering Technology students, young professionals, and for budding business or engineering managers.
No more than two (2) individuals shall be inducted annually.
- Nominees can be living or posthumous; No more than one (1) deceased nominee will be inducted in any year.
- All living inductees shall have a minimum of 25 years of professional experience at the time of nomination.
- Nominations can be made by submitting a letter of support for prospective candidates to the Ferris State University Welding Engineering Technology faculty group.
- Nominations will be sought periodically via special communications.
- Nominations will remain on file for five years.
For more information regarding the Welding Engineering Technology Hall of Fame please contact the program office at (231) 591-2511.