Office: 1105 Mott Memorial Building
Phone: (810) 762-5156
E-mail Address: [email protected]
- Ph.D. - Philosophy, Ohio State University, 1996
- M.S. - Agricultural & Extension Education, Michigan State University, 1991
- B.S. - Agribus & Natural Resources,
Michigan State University, 1985
- Career and Technical Education
- Wrote a grant for the National Science Foundation ATE program for Mott Community College in the area of manufacturing simulation.
- Written evaluation plans for multiple research projects including the Department of Labor, Nuclear Welding Inspection program and several U.S. HUD programs.
- Research grant evaluator for the National Science Foundation.
- Teaches a qualitative research course in the Doctoral Program in Community College Leadership in a college leadership program at Ferris State University.
- Taught Social Work Research Methods for University of Michigan, Flint
- Chaired four dissertations, 12 master thesis and set on numerous other committees as a committee member.
- Member of Ferris State University Institutional Research Board.
- Possesses a valid CITI & NIH - IRB training certificate, approved and mandated human subjects training source for conducting research at Ferris State University.
RESEARCH AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- Career and technical education and technology applications
- Serving Off- Campus SE Michigan Students
Running, family and local Michigan history, traveling
Doctorate of Philosophy
Dissertation Title: Ohio Joint School Administrators Perceptions Regarding the Importance and Use of Total Quality Management. The Ohio State University, February 1996.
Master of Science
The Prioritization of Agricultural Education Teachers Responsibilities as Perceived by Secondary Vocational Administrators and Agricultural Education Teachers'. Michigan State University, Extension Education. June 1991.
Bachelor of Science & Teacher Certification
Michigan State University, December 1985.
Associate Degree in Technology
St. Clair County Community College, December 1981.
- Associate Professor, Career and Technical Education, Ferris State University
- Research Specialist and Teacher Education Program Coordinator, Mott Community College
- National Science Foundation Project Manager & Teacher Education Transfer Coordinator, Mott Community College
- Adjunct Lecturer, Eastern Michigan University
- Program Evaluator, University of Michigan
- Technology Resource Person & Extension Researcher, Ohio State University
- Research Associate, Ohio State University
Ohio State University - Computer Instruction Coordinator
Michigan Department of Education & Michigan State University In-Service Developer
Michigan State University In-Service Coordinator
Michigan State University - Resource Materials Coordinator
Lakeview High School Agriscience Education Instructor
Professional Affiliations & Activities
Charter Organization Committee Member for the Michigan Association for Community College
Educator Programs, Lansing, Michigan, Winter 2003-05.
National Science Foundation ATE Proposal Reviewer, Washington, DC. 2003
MACCTEP Conference Committee Member and Conference Organizer, 2002 - 2005
NACCTEP Conference, Proposal Reviewer, 2004, 2005
Michigan Education Association ESP Certification Project (2002). Committee Member
American Education Research Association, Member, 1999 2003
American Education Research Association Conference Proposal Reviewer, 2004, 2005
National Association for Community College Teacher Education Programs, Member, 2002
Association for Career and Technical Education Member, 1985- present.
- Michigan Career Education Conference. Integration of Academic and Vocational Education and Utilization of Multimedia in Instruction . Detroit, MI. Feb. 2007.
- LAND Conference. Articulation and Transfer from Community Colleges to 4-Year Institutions. East Lansing, MI Feb. 2007.
- Michigan Career Education Conference. Three conference presentations. Grand Rapids, MI. Feb. 2006
- NACCTEP National Conference. - Articulation and Partnerships in Community College Educator Programs. February 2005 New York, NY.
- No Child Left Behind WorkKeys in Michigan: Invited Panelist. Michigan Department of
- Education, Macomb Community College. 2003.
- Day of Dialogue I, II, III, IV, V: Collaboration with Teacher Education Programs. Lansing, Jackson, Flint, and Macomb, MI, Presenter at every conference 2001-2006.
- NACCTEP Conference: Preparing for Collaboration or Preparing for Battle?, Phoenix, AZ, 2003
- Program and Discipline Review Process: Occupational Trends Conference: Traverse City,
- Michigan, 2002.
- Space Allocation Process or Oklahoma Land Grab: Occupational Trends Conference: Traverse City, Michigan, 2002.
- Urban League of Flint: How Wide the GAP: The Condition of Blacks in Flint, Michigan: 25
- Years Later. Press Conference Jan. 2002.
- Teacher Expo: Conference Organizer Four years in a row, 1999-2002.
- Day of Dialogue I & II Paraprofessional Pathways: Presenter at both conferences: 2002
- Core competencies for Paraprofessionals Developed and Utilized by Three States
Technology Roundtable Presentation
Online Learning Lessons Learned, U of M-Flint, 2001
National Science Foundation Poster Presentation Simulation Project, American Association of Community Colleges, Washington, DC. November 2000.
Publications / Projects
Ennis, F. & et. al. (2002). Urban League: The condition of blacks in Flint, Michigan, 25 years later. Community Foundation.
Ennis, F. M. (2000). Community outreach partnership center program, mid-term and final reports. U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Project #RFGA - 4056
Positions / Memberships
Member at Large, MACCEP, 2004-2006
Planning Committee, State-Wide Day of Dialogue Conference 2002-2004
Faculty Scholarships and Grants Committee, University of Michigan Flint 2003
Michigan Department of Education and Michigan Department of Career Development Community College Partnership Committee, 2002-2003
Articulation and Transfer Committee, Mott Community College, 2001-2003
Web-Page Development Committee, Mott Community College, 2002-2003
Awards and Recognition
Web Pioneer Award, UM-Flint, 2000
Distinguished Faculty Award Nomination UM-Flint, 1997
American Society for Quality Control Fellowship, 1995
Michigan Industrial Arts Education Society, Outstanding Service Recognition 1988.