- Completion of 84 hours of the 133 hours required for graduation. With the exception of CRIM 321 (Report Writing) and CRIM 391 (Internship), all FSU general education, COEHS and CJ core requirements must be completed by the end of the spring semester preceding entry into the academy. The required classes for the internship and report writing must be completed in the summer semester prior to entering the Academy orientation.
- Minimum of a 2.5 GPA by the end of the spring semester preceding for enrollment into the academy. Each May, applicants will be ranked by GPA, and the top 45 applicants will be given first consideration for entry into the Academy. Grades received for courses taken after May will not be used in the ranking process for Academy admission.
- Meet and maintain all licensing requirements (including testing and paperwork) for Michigan Law Enforcement Officers as listed on the link for "Employment Standards for Michigan Law Enforcement Officers." Questions of eligibility should be referred to MCOLES.
All MCOLES required testing and application documents must be completed and submitted to the Law Enforcement Academy Director prior to acceptance into the Academy session. The documents include the following:
- FSU Law Enforcement Academy Application
- MCOLES Candidate's Personal History Statement and Sworn Affidavit
- MCOLES Applicant Information and Authorization for Release of Information
Academy applicants who possess questionable moral character may be denied admission into any academy session.