The Purpose of the Television and Digital Media Production Program is to provide opportunities for student learning in the creative and technical communication skills necessary to develop successful careers in Television and Digital Media Production.
Television and Digital Media Production Program Learning Outcomes
- Professionalism (Interpersonal/Attitude) – Developed skills, competence, and character of a trained professional.
- Project Management (Communication) - Demonstrate directing, planning, organizing, time management, project design, communicating, and measurement of media project outcomes.
- Pre-Production (Producing) – Define and conduct preliminary research related to producing a media project.
- Production (Creation) – Design and develop media projects including videography, lighting and sound.
- Post-Production (Completion) – Assemble and arrange the final stage of media project design. Technical Skills (Expertise) – Operate media production studio, equipment, computers, and networks
- Media Design (Interactive, motion, web and graphic design) – Define, design, demonstrate, develop and deliver interactive DVD and web design, motion graphics, titles, lower thirds and other graphic elements.