Your commitment to being a student at Ferris State University begins with an understanding of and appreciation for the Core Values of the institution which are:
Embodied in the University’s Core Values are certain expectations of you as a member of our learning community, including, but not limited to, the following:
As a Ferris State University student, you will be an active learner.
- It is expected that you attend class. Appropriate class attendance includes being on time, coming prepared and being attentive.
- It is expected that you study. Studying is an intentional, deliberate act requiring hard work. This includes seeking out the various resources designed to help you be academically successful.
- It is expected that you will treat your professors and fellow classmates with courtesy and respect.
- It is expected that you will be ethical in your scholarship and will practice academic
integrity. This includes properly crediting others for their ideas that you may find
As a Ferris State University student, you will take responsibility for your health and wellness.
- It is expected that you recognize that eating properly, getting adequate sleep and exercise are all factors in maintaining your health and that good health is conducive to your success.
- It is expected that you recognize that the use/abuse of alcohol and other drugs is detrimental to your health and a potential barrier to your success.
- It is expected that you will be responsible for your wellness and make use of appropriate
University resources to assist you as needed.
As a Ferris State University student, you will be an ethical member of the University community.
- It is expected that you respect the rights and property of others, recognizing that this includes the larger community of Big Rapids.
- It is expected that you will discourage bigotry and strive to learn from differences in people, opinions and ideas.
- It is expected that you abide by the Student Code of Community Standards and the laws of the State of Michigan.
- It is expected that you involve yourself in leadership, service and/or personal development opportunities outside of the classroom as part of your comprehensive educational experience.