Over 42,000 involvement hours were recorded by Ferris State students during the last academic year.
It is a good way to impact your community, discover career options, boost your resume, and make connections with people that can help you during your college education.
Volunteering - spend unpaid time helping with a community need. Help at the food pantry, animal shelter, domestic violence shelter.
Service -The principle of voluntarily donating time and energy for the benefit of other people in the community as a social responsibility rather than for any financial reward.
• For the greater good of society.
• Promotes a healthy or ethical choice.
• Performs an active role in the activity.
• Purpose is not to gain membership, academic credit, or financial reward.
Fundraising - collect money that is given to a non-profit local, national, or global agency to further their mission.
Donation of Goods - collection of (but not limited to) food, clothing, toys for non-profit agencies to further their mission.
Academic Service Learning - a variety of academic courses will give students the opportunity to use their classroom knowledge while volunteering.
Torchbearer - an awards ceremony that takes place in April to recognize students for their efforts in the community.
Volunteering is yet another way to gain valuable skills today's employers are looking for!
There are a variety of opportunities on campus and in the local community at anytime of year. Opportunities are currently sent out to Bulldog News every Friday or contact the CLACS office to receive a listing.
To find out about service projects on or off campus go to Bulldog Connect event listing.
Academic Service Learning courses will be noted when you register for classes.
Our biggest volunteer event of the year! The Big Event is held every April.
Any person, business, student organizations or University department who is seeking to recruit volunteers may request to post the opportunity with the CLACS Volunteer Center.
1. Complete the Post a Volunteer Opportunity form in BulldogConnect.
2. Your posting will be reviewed by a CLACS staff member. If there are additional questions you will be contacted.
3. An email is sent to you when your posting has been approved.
4. Volunteer listings go out each Friday to all students