We work with faculty to design, develop and revise online courses, and enhance faculty course development and educational technology skills. We constantly explore and research the latest technology advancements for high quality course design and best practices in teaching.
The Online Design Consultant can:
- Offer guidance and support in course design for blended/hybrid and online delivery using the Design Process, to maximize your teaching and technology implementation
- Consult face-to-face, online, one-on-one or by group for support using technology to implement innovative practices for meeting student need
- Demonstrate and guide you through best practices in online teaching through our Outcome Alignment Matrix (OAM) learning process and self-paced Blackboard Effective Online Teaching course
- Review and help you design online course materials to ensure ADA/section 504 compliance
Course design support includes:
- Support for the Course Development Agreements (CDA) found in Appendix C of the Ferris State University Faculty Agreement document.
- For answers to questions about the CDA, please see the FAQ page or contact us.
- Offer Professional Development or Continuing Education is course design (ie, best practices for lightboard use, VR or formative assessment tools)
- Connect faculty with support for technical support, multi-media creation, and accessibility needs
Please check with your department chair for any additional online course requirements.
In order to assist in the development of the highest quality online courses, the eLearning department reviews the course design requirements each semester. Courses developed under a CDA are expected to meet these requirements within one semester or may be subject to changes in the requirements.
Course Design Cohort dates
See the cohort and support dates on the upcoming training page
Online Design Consultants
Tracy Russo, Ph.D.
Click HERE to schedule a meeting with Tracy.
|Kelley Senkowski, M.Ed.
Online Design Consultant
Office: Alumni Building, ALU 109A
Phone: (231) 591-2802
Email: [email protected]