Learn More about DCCL
Today’s community colleges require leaders capable of turning a local option into a world of opportunities for students. The Doctorate in Community College Leadership (DCCL) program at Ferris State University will give you the tools to advance your career and take education higher.
Below are ways that you can connect with us and learn more about the DCCL program.
Virtual Open House
The DCCL program is celebrating our tenth anniversary as a dynamic, rigorous, affordable, practitioner-focused program. Join us this year at our virtual open house and learn how you can finish your doctorate in 3 years.
- Tuesday, February 2, 2021 - 8-9 pm Eastern
- Thursday, March 11, 2021 - 8-9 pm Eastern
The open house will feature the following:
- 8:15 pm - Short Presentation
- 8:30 pm - Q and A with staff, faculty, and alumni
- Topics covered:
- Financial Aid
- Cohort Model
- Practitioner Faculty
- Support Services
- Ask an Alum
- Topics covered:
To register for the open house, please go to our Calendly page and sign up for the date that works best for you.
The DCCL staff host informational webinars each month. Join us for approximately 45 minutes and gain a greater understanding of what the DCCL program entails and offers.
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021 - 12:00 pm Eastern
- Wednesday, February 17, 2021 - 5:00 pm Eastern
- Thursday, March 25, 2021 - 8:00 am Eastern
To register for an upcoming informational webinar, please go to our Calendly page and sign up for the date that works best for you.
Talk to a Graduate
If you would like to talk to one of our graduates about the DCCL program, please email us at [email protected] and we would be happy to connect you with a DCCL graduate.
Below is additional information about our DCCL students and graduates:
- Twenty-one of the first cohort successfully completed the program.
- Cohort Two has achieved 100% completion through the dissertation, and other cohorts are expected to make this target.
- Through May 2020, 197 have completed the program.
- An additional 122 are currently enrolled.
- As of 2020, DCCL grads or students work in 26 states and 100+ colleges.
- DCCL has launched 14 cohorts since 2010, including the 11 Michigan-based cohorts, one Harper College (Illinois) cohort, and two Texas-based (Houston) cohorts.
- Of particular pride is the fact that 65% of our students/completers are women, reflecting the growing representation of women in leadership roles.
- Over the 10 years, more than a third of our students reflect ethnic diversity. This representation is encouraging given the diversity of community college students and the great need for a more representative leadership team. Even more encouraging is that the most recent cohorts are more diverse, with Cohorts Ten, Texas 2, and Cohort Eleven enrolling 50%, 65%, and 61% ethnically diverse students, respectively.
We are committed to providing excellent service and support to both our current and future students. To help guide you through the process, our assistant director, Megan Biller, is available.
Send Megan a note by email or give us a call. Either way, we are committed to providing you with a personal response typically within a business day. There are a couple of ways to contact us for more information: