This award is conferred upon a faculty member who serves the community through activities such as leadership in departmental college and/or university committees; participation in activities that contribute to the well-being of the institution; leadership in local, regional, state, national or international professional organizations; and mentoring colleagues and students. Recipients will receive a trophy and a monetary award of $1,500.
Ferris tenure/tenure track faculty members are eligible for this award. Any member of the Distinguished Service Award Selection Committee who is nominated for the award will remove him/herself from the committee for the year in which he/she is nominated. Past recipients of the award are eligible only upon the expiration of the fifth year after their award.
Criteria for Evaluation
Nominees will be evaluated based on the significance of his/her contributions in these areas:
- Provides leadership in departmental, college and/or university committees
- Contributes to activities that further the well-being of Ferris
- Serves in leadership position(s) in local, regional, state, national or international professional organizations
- Mentors colleagues and students
For further information, please see the Distinguished Service Award Rubric.
Please nominate your colleagues for this award by electronically submitting the following:
- Nominee's name, Ferris department and college, and phone number
- Letter of nomination that specifically addresses the criteria for evaluation
All nominations must be sent to [email protected]. Please include the subject line “Distinguished Service Award Nomination” in your email. You will receive a confirmation email indicating that the nomination was received. Please submit a separate nomination for each nominee.
Nominees will be contacted to submit the following:
- A minimum of a one-page paper, not to exceed three pages, describing the nominee’s service philosophy and accomplishments deemed noteworthy (required);
- Current vita or resume (required);
- List (1-5 pages) of nominee’s services & service awards; dated by academic year; categorized by department, college, university, community, and national or international organizations; clearly identifying compensated and non-compensated activities in terms of payment and/or time release; specifying the importance of the service and/or award (required);
- Up to three additional letters of recognition, support, or recommendation from students, faculty, administrators, or organizations pertaining to nominee’s service accomplishments, as appropriate, will be accepted but they are not required (optional).
Nomination submissions were due by 5 PM (EDT) on Friday, February 7, 2020.