Before her retirement in 2012, Maude Bigford, who served as coordinator of the Program from its founding, created a fund to provide scholarships to Honors students in financial need. The criteria included:
- The scholarships shall be awarded to a full-time undergraduate student in the Honors program of sophomore, junior or senior standing majoring in any program at Ferris State University.
- The recipient shall be in good standing in Honors at the time of application.
- When awarding this scholarship, special consideration may be given to students who have demonstrated leadership and service to the community of Ferris State University.
- Preference shall be given to eligible students who demonstrate financial need determined by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid and be in good standing in Honors at the time of application.
How to add your support
How to give to the Maude Bigford Scholarship
- Visit the Ferris State University 'Other & Current Speciality Campaigns' page, and specify the amount.
- When you click 'Donate Now', you'll be taken to a page that will let you specify the Maude Bigford Scholarship: put 'The Maude Bigford Scholarship' in the 'Comments or specific designation' box.
History of the scholarship
The scholarships were first awarded in 2014, and have been awarded annually ever since: