Each Honors student commits to
|for intellectual autonomy and academic excellence so that we may be prepared to contribute to the advancement of our chosen professions by completing at least 22* credit-hours of Honors coursework||our time and energy to advance the public good so that he or she develops as a citizen||his or her cultural and ethical horizons to engage a global society through attending cultural events and seeking out challenging opportunities for service and leadership||in the honors community, abiding by the honor code, to foster curiosity, dialogue and intellectual rigor in ourselves and others.|
Complete at least 22* credit-hours (or 20% of total undergraduate course work) of Honors coursework with a grade of ‘C’ or higher.
* For students starting Fall 2016 or later
|Attend and report at least 3 cultural events per semester in which he or she is enrolled full-time.||You will have the option to live in an Honors residence hall during 1st year. The Honors Residential Life scholarship applies only to the Honors halls.|
- complete a “Preparation for Final Year in Honors” report and submit it for approval by the end of the semester one year prior to graduation (i.e. normally the end of the student’s 3rd year or two semesters before he or she plans to participate in senior symposium).
- complete an "Application for medallion” and submit it by the end of the 12th week of the student’s final semester before graduation.
- complete a Senior Exit Interview, to be scheduled for your final semester before graduation.
- Transfer students are exempt from HNRS 100.
- Transfer students are expected to complete all of the requirements that are required of him or her according to the number of credits earned prior to the transfer.