The University General Education Committee (UGEC) provides faculty oversight for the General Education Program. This committee directly reports to the Associate Provost of Operations. Its responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures;
- Giving final approval of all General Education course proposals;
- Ensuring implementation and analysis of assessment evidence for the purpose of program improvement;
- Implementing and overseeing a course recertification process;
- Mapping of all learning outcomes to curricular and co-curricular experiences;
- Promoting the GE program to all constituents;
- Arranging faculty development as needed to ensure success of the General Education program;
- Undertaking any other activities necessary for the continued success and improvement of the program.
The committee is chaired by the general education coordinator and consists of one representative each from the Colleges of Health Professions, Arts, Sciences, and Education, Business, Education and Human Services, and Engineering Technology. Additionally, there is one representative each from the library staff (FLITE), Retention and Student Success, the Ferris Nontenure-track Faculty Organization (FNTFO), and the Academic Senate. The Associate Provost of Operations is an ex officio member of this committee. Memberships are for three year terms that expire at the end of the academic year.
Committee Members (2020/2021 academic year)
- Victor Piercey, CAS (chair). Term Ends Fall 2021.
- Clifton Franklund, CAS (assessment coordinator). Term Ends Fall 2021.
- Rachel Foulk, CAS. Term Ends Fall 2021.
- Vacant, COB. Term Ends Fall 2023.
- Vacant, CET. Term Ends Fall 2023.
- Angie Mishler, Staff and Professional Advisors. Term Ends Fall 2021.
- Mary Beaudry, COHP. Term Ends Fall 2022.
- Amy Greene, EIO. Term Ends Fall 2022.
- Mari Kermit-Canfield, FLITE. Term Ends Fall 2022.
- Monica Frees, RSS. Term Ends Fall 2022.
- Vacant, Academic Senate. Term Ends Fall 2022.
- Paul Zube, Nontenure-Track Instructional Faculty. Term Ends Fall 2023.
- Leonard Johnson, Associate Provost of Operations (ex officio)