In collaboration with the General Education Coordinator and University General Education Committee, the Culture competency committee is responsible for:
- Evaluating new Culture course proposals;
- Monitoring Culture assessment activities;
- Reporting on evidence of student learning in Culture courses;
- Conducting periodic recertification of Culture courses.
The Culture committee consists of one member from English, Literature, and World Languages, two members from Humanities, and three members from units other than the College of Arts and Sciences. Memberships are for three year terms that expire at the end of the academic year.
Committee Members (2019/2020 academic year)
- Chris Cosper (chair), CET. Term Ends Fall 2021.
- Grant Snider, CAS at large. Term Ends Fall 2022.
- Jana Pisani, CAS - Humanities. Term Ends Fall 2021.
- Melissa Smith, CAS - English, Literature, World Languages. Term Ends Fall 2020.
- Michele Harvey, CET. Term Ends Fall 2022.
- Vacant, non-CAS. Term Ends Fall 2020.