Seminar Rooms and Instructional Studios
FLITE Instructional Studios and Seminar Rooms are reservable through the FLITE Room Reservation System for the purposes of meetings, training, or instruction. Large study groups may reserve the rooms for up to six hours per day. Reservations are suggested at least one week in advance. All reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Ferris State University community will receive priority for FLITE resources, including rooms.
Student instruction conducted by librarians or classroom faculty takes priority in reserving FLITE Instructional Studios. Studios may be reserved for other purposes when not in use for student instruction. Please note that the Instructional Studios are also available for Information Commons overflow.
FLITE reserves the right to limit reservations to one per week for each group/organization or to move meetings or events to maximize the use of the facility for academic pursuits. Any group being moved will be informed at least 14 days in advance of the reservation and FLITE will make every effort to provide alternative space. Because FLITE is not designated as a classroom building, rooms may be reserved for up to 50% of the scheduled class time for the entire semester.
FLITE encourages library users to reserve rooms in advance. We understand, however, that individuals or groups may need to use rooms in FLITE without having made a prior reservation. In these cases, rooms are available "as is," (i.e., additional equipment may not be requested) for Ferris-affiliated faculty, staff, and students upon request as long as the room is not already in use. To use a room without a reservation, ask at the Checkout Desk to make the necessary arrangements.
Groups reserving rooms in FLITE should conform to the FLITE Food and Beverages Policy and should be aware of campus-wide policies that govern the use of all FSU facilities, including Business and Special Expense and Policy on the Use, Rental, Lease of University Facilities.
Room keys are available at the Checkout Desk. A valid FSU ID card is requested for checking out room keys. In lieu of an FSU identification card, a government-issued photo ID will be required. In the event that a room key is lost, the appropriate fee will be assessed from the university.
Equipment Available on Request
- Conference phone (available in FLITE 108, 112, 438; calling card required)
- Stacking chairs
- Lapel microphone
- Laptop computers (Requests to use FLITE laptops in conjunction with room reservations must be received 24 hours in advance of the scheduled event
Software Available Upon Request
The technology offered in the FLITE Instructional Studios and Seminar Rooms is provided by the Technology Assistance Center (TAC). Submit requests for additional software in these spaces to TAC at least two weeks in advance. Be advised that TAC may honor last-minute requests for software (less than 24 hours advanced notice) for a service fee of $300 per software title.
||FLITE Patron/User Categories
|Room Type I:
Room 442 (12 seats)
|Room Type II:
Room 133 (30 seats)
Room 135 (21 seats)
Room 214 (21 seats)
Room 304 (20 seats)
Room 438 (25 seats)
Room 446 (25 seats)
|Room Type III:
Room 108 (25 seats)
Room 110 (30 seats)
Room 112 (30 seats)
Room 114 (30 seats)
- Type I: Have no equipment available in the room.
- Type II: Have a presentation station with computer & projection system, but no student computers.
- Type III: Have a presentation station with computer & projection system and student workstations; printing capabilities are available through Papercut printing procedures.
FLITE Patron/User Categories
- A-- FSU-registered student organization, FSU-related faculty/staff committee/group, or University department using standard set-up, with no admission charge or fees associated with the event.
- B-- FSU-registered student organization, FSU-related faculty/staff committee/group, or University department using standard set-up, with any revenue or fees associated with the event. All regional and national conferences affiliated with University departments and/or student organizations.
- C-- Non-Profit Organizations with a federal tax-free number.
- D-- All other non-University groups.
- A cleanup fee of $25.00 may be assessed for excessive mess left in any FLITE spaces, regardless of University affiliation.
- Any damage to the facility/equipment will be charged to the sponsoring organization or person, regardless of University affiliation, at a minimum charge of $25.00 or actual cost.
- FLITE is not a conference facility. We do not have the staff to make room configuration changes. If changes are made, the sponsoring organization or person, regardless of University affiliation, is responsible for returning furniture (workstations, tables, chairs, etc.) configurations to their original setup. A $25.00 fee may be charged if any space is not returned to its original configuration.
- For categories C & D, a $25.00 flat fee will be charged for the set-up and removal of any and all additional equipment in each space.
Category B groups will be billed at the end of the month; category C and D groups will be billed prior to the event. Fees may be paid via a University budget transfer, cash, or check. All checks should be made out to: Ferris State University (FLITE).
Interpretation and implementation of this policy rests with the Room Reservation Coordinator and the Instruction Coordinator. Questions/comments about rooms should be directed to the Room Reservation Coordinator, Lyle Mourer.
This rooms policy supercedes the previous Rooms Policy, Instructional Studio Usage Policy and Use of FLITE Rooms without a Researvation Guidelines. Revised to maintain consistency with University Rates Schedule as approved by President's Council. Approved by Dean Scott Garrison, June, 2017.