All patron users are required to have a valid Library Guest ID or an official FSU card.
- FSU Students FSU valid ID's are required for use during the semester usage is requested; use privileges are not transferable. (Special permission granted for students enrolled and registered for following semester).
- Undergraduate Student
- Full-time - FSU ID
- Part-time - FSU ID for full privileges or library registration and second ID.
- Students with Incomplete grade - Students who received an "Incomplete" grade, and no longer are registered for classes, can check out library materials if they have a letter from their instructor. This letter should list the class that the student is working on and the date that the assignments must be finished.
- PT - Non-credit library registration and ID as guests required. Graduate.
- Full-time - FSU ID required.
- Part-time - FSU ID required for full privileges, or library registration.
- Graduate students currently completing thesis requirements must have a letter approving current status from issuing Dean's office, renewable yearly, or verification on SIS (Student Information Service).
- Alumni, who have graduated, or members of FSU Alumni Association, may use library materials; for check out privileges. Present alumni card at the circulation desk to affix barcode I.D. and link to the system. Must adhere to library policies and procedures.
- FT Employee - FSU ID from Telecommunications.
- Part-time employee - FSU ID from Telecommunications.
- Part-time faculty - Eligibility applies only when currently teaching.(Less than one semester, these employees need guest ID's.) Note: Family use requires separate library registration for guests.
- Faculty/Emeriti and or Spouse - valid emeritus ID.
- Board members and Executive Officers - FSU ID for terms of appointment.
- Guests (non-FSU) related: Library registration of each user is required; user privileges are not transferable to other users. Cost: $10.00/person/registration. With MI driver's license or state ID: (Guest ILL's via Public Library). Renewed Yearly.
*See Guest Reciprocal agreement.
- Adult - single registration per ID.
- Minors - require parental or guardian signature to authorize library registration.
- Secondary school students
- Individual user - requires registration by teacher or authorized representative of the school to exercise group check-out or deposit to the institution.
- Authorized representative must register and assume responsibility for single loans or deposits, the terms of which should be arranged with the Circulation Services Department Head. $25.00 charge a single registration rather than for each user; the Institution/Organization takes responsibility for indirect circulation, renewable yearly.
- Reciprocal Agreement
- A reciprocal agreement with the Big Rapids Community Library and or reciprocating libraries allows local Big Rapids patrons, who are registered in the BRCL; to use their barcoded and linked BRCL ID to check out material at no cost.
Compiled by: Christine O. Jacobs