- Book Holds
- Borrowing Privileges
- Circulation of Reference Items
- Course Reserves
- General Collection Fees
- Library Loan Periods
- Lost Books or Materials
- Magazine (Periodical) Take-out
- Patron Class
- Balcony Usage
- Bicycles, Roller Blades and Skateboards
- Food and Beverages
- Goldie T. Nott Room Use
- Paging via FLITE's Public Address System
- Smoking and Tobacco
- Unaccompanied Minors in FLITE
- Display Space Usage
- Instructional Studio Usage Policy
- Laptop Computer Checkout
- Library Loan Periods
- Room Policies and Fees
- Study Rooms
- Table Reservations
- Test Proctoring
- Use of FLITE Rooms Without a Reservation
- Dress Code for all FLITE-based Student Employees
- Emeriti Services
- Private Solicitations to Individuals in FLITE
- Staff Attendance Guidelines
- Travel Reimbursement Guidelines
Laptop Computer Checkout Policy
Five laptop computers are available for checkout at the Check-Out Desk, for use in the main part of FLITE only.
Ferris State University faculty, staff, and students are eligible. A valid Ferris ID must be presented in order to checkout a laptop computer.
All borrowers are required to sign a user agreement before checking out a laptop. Borrowers agree to accept custody of a library owned laptop computer and to be responsible for it during the period that it is checked out. If the laptop or related equipment is damaged, malfunctioning, lost, or stolen, borrowers must report it to Check-Out Desk staff immediately.
Software & Files
- All laptops have the same software load as the computers in the Information Commons.
- Files may not be downloaded or saved to the hard drive of the laptop.
- FLITE personnel are not responsible for retrieving information or files that are lost or left on the laptop.
- Users must read and sign a "FLITE Equipment Checkout Agreement" form prior to checking out any laptop.
- Only one laptop may be checked out per person.
- Laptops may be checked out for up to four hours of in-library use. This excludes the Extended Hours Study Area.
- Laptops must be returned to the Check-Out Desk 15 minutes prior to the library closing.
- If user leaves the building, laptop must be returned to the Check-Out Desk.
- Users are responsible for laptops while in their possession. Users are not to leave the laptops unattended.
- Laptops may be renewed only if there are no other patrons waiting for a laptop to checkout.
The borrower is to return the laptop to the Check-Out Desk. Laptops must be checked back in by Check-Out Desk staff while the borrower waits (i.e., laptops may not be left on the counter at the Check-Out Desk). If it is determined that the laptop may be damaged, malfunctioning, or have missing parts, a Suspected Damage Form must be filled out.
If laptops are not returned on time, or if parts are damaged or missing, late fees and/or repair and replacement fees will be automatically charged to the patron record. Below are the fines and charges that apply:
- Late Fee: $15.00 per hour
- Power Adapter/Cord: $60.00
- Battery: $130.00
- CD-ROM Drive: $50.00
- Carrying Case: $70.00
- Replacement cost for lost, stolen, unreturned, or unrepairable laptop: $2,000.00
- Damage charges will be assessed for the actual repair costs.
University Computer Use Policy
Borrowers must follow the guidelines in the Proper Use of Information Resources, Information Technology, and Networks Policy at Ferris State University. The business policy letter is available at http://www.ferris.edu/htmls/administration/buspolletter/Bpl9607.htm
Policy adopted July 15, 2006; revised in August 2012