- Book Holds
- Borrowing Privileges
- Circulation of Reference Items
- Course Reserves
- General Collection Fees
- Library Loan Periods
- Lost Books or Materials
- Magazine (Periodical) Take-out
- Patron Class
- Balcony Usage
- Bicycles, Roller Blades and Skateboards
- Food and Beverages
- Goldie T. Nott Room Use
- Paging via FLITE's Public Address System
- Smoking and Tobacco
- Unaccompanied Minors in FLITE
- Display Space Usage
- Instructional Studio Usage Policy
- Laptop Computer Checkout
- Library Loan Periods
- Room Policies and Fees
- Study Rooms
- Table Reservations
- Test Proctoring
- Use of FLITE Rooms Without a Reservation
- Dress Code for all FLITE-based Student Employees
- Emeriti Services
- Private Solicitations to Individuals in FLITE
- Staff Attendance Guidelines
- Travel Reimbursement Guidelines
Students, Faculty, and Staff
All FSU students and FSU faculty/staff will be given a barcoded FSU/ID card at the time of initial registration or employment. The FSU/ID card is needed in order to take advantage of the library privileges. No charges will be applied. Cards must be presented at the library Check-out Desk for activation. The staff will scan the barcode to authorize borrowing privileges. The card is electronically linked to our patron files for usage. Cards are non-transferable.
Once a patron is linked, materials may be charged out with the student or faculty ID card, or with a pictured driver's license, or some other form of official pictured identification.
Alumni and members of the Ferris Alumni Association may obtain a library card to check out FLITE materials by completing the linked request form and submitting it electronically. If preferred, a written request may be mailed to: Circulation Services, Ferris Library for Information, Technology, and Education, 1010 Campus Drive, Big Rapids, MI 49307. Upon receipt of the written request, a card will be issued within two business days to eligible requestors and mailed to the address provided.
A parent/guardian must sign for minor children requesting a library card (under the age of 18, if not a registered college student). A non-FSU guest must present a valid driver's license or other official pictured identification when the card is issued. The Library accepts cards from other libraries with which it has reciprocity agreements. Reciprocity Patron Cards must be barcoded and linked by the reciprocating library.
Guest ID Card
An annual Guest ID card can be issued to non-FSU users:
- Guest: $10.00 per year
- Institution/Corporation: $25.00 per year
Emeriti and faculty/staff spouse cards are available at the library.
- Patrons are responsible for any and all materials charged out on his/her card. Loan transactions are not completed until an item is properly checked out and then checked in again.
- Use of an FSU ID transfers signature authority from University registration or employment contract to the Library transaction, involving a contractual commitment between the institution and borrower. Signature on FSU Library registry forms for guests are legally binding for all transactions using a Library-issued ID.
Please report lost or stolen library cards immediately at the circulation desk. A temporary replacement may be acquired by paying $3.00.
Stolen Student ID Cards should also be reported at the Public Safety Office.
Compiled by:Christine O. Jacobs