- Book Holds
- Borrowing Privileges
- Circulation of Reference Items
- Course Reserves
- General Collection Fees
- Library Loan Periods
- Lost Books or Materials
- Magazine (Periodical) Take-out
- Patron Class
- Balcony Usage
- Bicycles, Roller Blades and Skateboards
- Food and Beverages
- Goldie T. Nott Room Use
- Paging via FLITE's Public Address System
- Smoking and Tobacco
- Unaccompanied Minors in FLITE
- Display Space Usage
- Laptop Computer Checkout
- Library Loan Periods
- Room Policies and Fees
- Study Rooms
- Table Reservations
- Test Proctoring
- Use of FLITE Rooms Without a Reservation
- Dress Code for all FLITE-based Student Employees
- Emeriti Services
- Private Solicitations to Individuals in FLITE
- Staff Attendance Guidelines
- Travel Reimbursement Guidelines
Attendance Guidelines for Staff
FLITE's mission is to promote and advance Ferris State University's present and future teaching, learning, research, and informational inquiry by providing high-quality collections, services, and instruction. In order to accomplish its service mission, the library requires effective staffing during all hours of operation. These guidelines are written to ensure that the library is well-staffed so that we can fulfill our mission.
Unexpected Absences: Full-time employees who will not be at work due to illness or an unexpected situation should call x3500 as soon as possible. Part-time employees should call the person who schedules their work hours. If the scheduler does not answer, part-time staff should call the circulation desk at x2669. Full-time employees should submit a leave request upon return to work.
Sick Leave: Full-time employees who have scheduled medical appointments or time off should submit a leave request prior to the date(s) of absence. The supervisor will approve requests as soon as possible. If dates or times of scheduled absences are subsequently modified, the employee should submit a revised leave request with the corrected information. Part-time employees may adjust their work week, with approval from their direct supervisor, to accommodate absences due to illness or emergency.
Vacation Leave: Except in the case of leave requested to cover absences due to unexpected situations, full-time employees must receive approval for vacation leave in advance by submitting a leave request. Vacation leave must be approved by the supervisor or supervisor's designee. If vacation dates are subsequently modified, the employee should submit a revised leave request with the corrected information. Part-time employees may adjust their work week, with advance approval from their direct supervisor, to accommodate vacations.
"Time Off Requests" submitted to request or document personal, sick, vacation, or other leave must specify the following information:
- Dates of absence within a given pay period, using one online leave request per pay period.
- The hours of absence indicating a.m. or p.m. if the absence will be less than one work day.
- The appropriate box (e.g. sick, vacation, personal) must be selected from the "Type of Time Off" dropdown box, but specific details are not required on the "Reason" or "Description" lines of the form. When necessary, the immediate supervisor will request documentation for sick leave.
Work Day and Schedule: Work schedules will be developed in accordance with contractual obligations, operational needs of the department, and cooperation between the supervisor and employee.
Approved by FLITE Library Administrative Council. June 3, 2009.