- Attorneys and Agents Registered with the USPTO
- General Information Concerning Patents
- Patent Searching Guide (pdf)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- University of Maine Patent Search Tutorial
- Basic Facts About Trademarks
- TESS (Trademark Electronic Search System)
- USPTO Design Search Code Manual
Patent and Trademark Depository Library
The Ferris Library for Information, Technology and Education (FLITE) is a federally designated Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC). Other PTDLs in Michigan are at the University of Michigan Engineering Library and the Detroit Public Library.
Please note that while the Patents & Trademarks Librarian can provide training on how to effectively use the patent and trademark search tools, he cannot conduct the actual search, interpret patent and trademark laws, express any opinion on the patentability of a particular invention, or suggest appropriate application forms.
Before visiting the library, please make an appointment with the Patents & Trademarks Librarian. Questions via phone or email are also welcome.
Contact: Paul Kammerdiner
Office: FLITE 331