Notice: We strongly urge you to supply a Ferris provided email address for an Interlibrary Loan request. For faculty/staff it would be a Microsoft Outlook address and for students it would be an FSU gmail address. We cannot guarantee delivery to other email addresses. AOL is particularly troublesome.
Ferris State University students, faculty, staff, and emeriti can request library materials not owned by Ferris via the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) office. All requests are entered and managed through an online system known as ILLiad. For more information about ILLiad check out the FAQ page and the Electronic Document Delivery Page. First time users will need to register. You can also become a fan of Interlibrary Loan on Facebook. Just search for FLITE Interlibrary Loan.
ILL Office Hours
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday. Closed weekends and holidays
Who is eligible?
- Currently enrolled students
What can you order?
- Books that our library does not own.
- Articles from a specific journal that we do not own. (Copyright guidelines will be followed)
- Conference proceedings (May take longer to verify)
- Dissertations (Very hard to obtain)
- A book that Ferris owns will NOT be ordered unless it's missing
- The entire Volume of a journal will NOT be ordered. We can only request a specific article from the journal.
- Textbooks for a class will not be ordered.
- Items may not be placed on Reserve
Most libraries will not lend Audiovisual Materials, Reference
Books, Reserve Books, Rare or Valuable materials, and Dissertations.
How much will it cost?
- Costs are absorbed by the library. However in some instances when we are charged, we may ask you to pay to obtain the material, especially if copyright fees are excessive.
- We will contact you in these situations.
How to submit a request?
First, check the Online
Catalog to verify that FSU does not own the material you are requesting. For faster service on books or videos try MeLCat.
To initiate a request, complete the ILLiad form.
When will I receive my request?
Best case is 2 days, worst is 20. PLAN AHEAD to ensure you will
still need the material when it arrives.
When the material arrives
- Photocopies will be delivered to your desktop electronically. Sign up for text message notification
- Circulating items will be held at the check out desk or mailed if you are taking classes from an other campus.
- YOU are responsible for the item.
If you have questions, please contact the following personnel:
|Interlibrary Loan Librarian
||Interlibrary Loan Assistant
|Office FLITE 140-D
||Office FLITE 140
|Interlibrary Loan FAX: (231) 591-2662