More about Ferris
This section provides a bibliography of secondary resources about the life and activities of Woodbridge N. Ferris. Some of these resources are available in the Ferris State
University Archives. Others are available electronically. Anything which is not accessed through the archives, is listed on the left column. We cannot control the continued availability of such items.
Please contact the University Archivist with any questions.
- Byrnes, Lawrence William. Ferris Institute as a private school, 1884-1952. PhD. diss., Michigan State University, 1970.
- Ferguson, Caryl B. and Richard A. Santer. Sayings of Woodbridge N. Ferris. Big Rapids, Mich.: Ferris State College Centennial Task Force, 2003, c1983.
- Nott, Goldie T. The establishment and growth of Ferris Institute, 1884-1960. MA thesis,
University of Michigan, 1962.
- Rye, Clayton and Fred Wyman. He who dreamed a college [videorecording]. Big Rapids, Mich.:
Ferris State University, 2003.
- Taber, Morris C. Woodbridge N. Ferris, an unorthodox reformer in education and politics, 1853-1928.
Ann Arbor, Mich.: n.p., 1987.
- Wade, Irene Esther. An analysis of the speeches of Woodbridge N. Ferris.
M.A. thesis, Michigan State College of Agricultural and Applied Science, 1946.
- Woodbridge N. Ferris. : Memorial addresses delivered in the United States Senate in memory of Woodbridge N. Ferris,
late a senator from Michigan. / Seventieth Congress. May 6, 1928.Washington : U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1929.
Contact: Melinda McMartin Isler, University Archivist