A self-service fax machine is located on the first floor next to the Check-out Desk. All charges are made on a per page basis.
In order for the fax machine to receive or send faxes, a FLITE/Bulldog printing card with the correct balance plus a buffer of $2.00 has to be inserted into the reader. THE BUFFER IS NOT CHARGED, IT IS TO MAKE SURE YOUR CARD DOES NOT GET EJECTED BEFORE YOUR FAXING IS COMPLETE!!!
This fax uses a dedicated line that does not require dialing 86 or 87 before the phone number. For example: Long distance #s dial 1 + area code + phone number.
Directions for Faxing
- Place the original document face down.
- Insert your printing card into the card reader box that shows "HELLO." PLEASE leave the card inside the card reader until the fax has been completed. The card will be returned after completion.
- Dial the number.
- Push the START button.
- Wait for a confirmation page that states the documents have been successfully faxed. Be sure to pick up your original document(s).
Directions for Receiving Faxes at (231) 796-6645
- Find out when the other party will be faxing the documents. The printing card has to be left in the reader to receive any faxes, otherwise the other party will hear a busy tone and will not be able to fax to this machine.
- Insert a printing card with a buffer value of $2.00 plus the expected charges for incoming pages. Transmission of documents will only occur if there is a card in the card reader with adequate funds.
- The documents will be printed out to the left of the machine.
Charges for Faxing
Incoming faxes will be charged $.25 per page
Outgoing transmissions charges are as follows:
- A local fax charge is $.25 per page. Baldwin, Big Rapids, Chippewa Lake, Evart, Mecosta, Reed City, Stanwood, and White Cloud are considered local.
- All calls that can be dialed as 1 + area code + phone number are $1.00 per page. This includes all of the United States, Canada, and most countries in the Caribbean.
- All other international transmissions are $2.00 per page.
For further assistance, please ask at the Check-out Desk.