|Office: FLITE 414C|
SURE 365 - Shangraw
For books and documents at FLITE, and for ebooks, use the Catalog tab on the FLITE home page.
Use MelCat to look up books in other Michigan Libraries. MelCat items will be delivered to the circulation desk and you will receive an Email when the items arrive. If materials you need aren't available via MelCat try InterLibrary Loan.
Surveying Engineering journals and documents can be found in the 2nd floor Periodical section at FLITE, in the FLITE circulating collection, and through FLITE's databases and electronic resources.
- Applied Science and Technology Abstracts (ASTA) is available on the FLITE database page. Use it to search the abstracts of articles from relevant journals. Many articles are available in full text.
- Geomatica, published by the Canadian Institute of Geomatics. 1993-current is available on FLITE 2nd floor. Current year is available electronically.
- Journal of Surveying Engineering, published by the American Society of Civil Engineers. 1983-current is available on FLITE 2nd floor (1988-2006 in microfiche.) 1983-2011 is available electronically through FLITE and can be searched on the journal web page or through ASTA.
- Photogrammetric engineering and remote sensing, published by the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing. 1975-current is available on FLITE 2nd Floor. Electronic content starting in 1968 and not including the most recent 2 years is available on the publication website. Content from 1991 can be searched through ASTA.
- Photogrammetric record. 1989-current is available on FLITE 2nd Floor. All published issues are available electronically via FLITE and can be searched on the journal web page.
- Survey Review. 1989-current is available on FLITE 2nd floor. All published issues are available electronically via FLITE.
- Surveying and Land Information Science (current title) and Surveying and Land Information Systems (previous title), published by the American Congress on Surveying and Mapping. 1990-current is available on FLITE 2nd floor (1990-2007 in microfiche.) Electronic content from 1998 is available via FLITE. Some content can be found through ASTA.
- Papers from ASP and ACSM meetings. Collections of papers from ASP and ACSM meetings can be found in FLITE. Look in FLITE Lower Level, using call numbers TA501 .A638 and TA502 .A47.
FLITE also provides resources for legal information, including law review articles, and for historical information, including the history of surveying and land use.
- For legal information and law review articles, try:
- A good place to start for historical information is
Suggestions to retrieve better/more results:
- Search topic as both a keyword and subject
- Combine terms with AND or OR
- Set date ranges to limit to a specific time
- Use quotes for phrases
Ask a Reference Librarian.
You can find librarians at the Oval Information Desk located on the First Floor of FLITE, by phone at 231-591-3602, by email, or via chat. More information is available at FLITE help.
FLITE Tutorials can also help you get started.
Plagiarism tutorials and self-help guides, plus a link to step-by-step citation assistance.
Citations - a FLITE guide
A guide to understanding citations, and a link to different online citation management tools that can help you input your sources and create your bibliographies.
Contact: Fran Rosen/ Email / Phone: 231-591-3043 / Office: FLITE 414C
Don't forget, you are welcome to come to the Oval Information Desk and ask for help any time. You can also call us 231-591-3602 or chat with us.
Last update: September 6, 2012