MyPlace Scholarship Program
The MyPlace Program (My Program for Language and Culture Exchange) at Ferris State
University matches international students, who are enrolled in the Intensive English
Program (IEP), with FSU students who are native speakers of English for group conversation
and project-based activities. The program is based on participation and leadership.
Applications for Fall 2013 were due by August 13, 2013 and are currently being reviewed.
Applications for Spring 2014 are due by January 30, 2014
What's in it for me?
- Earn Study Abroad Scholarships of up to $400 or $800 per semester.
- Gain leadership experience - each FSU student will act as a team leader for a group
of 4 IEP students. As a group, you will complete projects which could include writing
blogs, articles, photos with captions, videos, designs, etc., which will then be compiled
into an online portfolio.
- Publish portfolio projects - select projects may be showcased on the Ferris State
University IEP website in our own electronic publication.
How can I get involved?
- Fill out an application on the Office of International Education website.
- You must have completed at least one semester of full-time college coursework.
- You must have and maintain a GPA of 2.7 or higher.
- You must possess leadership qualities and enthusiasm for learning about new cultures!
- Any majors are welcome!
For more information contact:
Jo Yang, MyPlace Coordinator
Office of International Education | IRC 134 | 1301 S. State Street | Big Rapids, MI
(231) 591-2450 | firstname.lastname@example.org