Phone: (231) 591-2672
E-mail Address: KhagendraThapa@ferris.edu
B.SC. (Honors) CNAA in Land Surveying Sciences, University of East London.
B.SC. in Mathematics, Statistics, and Physics, Tribhuvan University.
M.SC.E. in Surveying Engineering,
University of New Brunswick.
M.S. in Geodetic Science, The Ohio State University.
Ph.D. in Geodetic Science, The Ohio State University.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Ferris State University Distinguished Teacher Award 2008
- Received Ralph Moore Berry Education Award from Michigan Society of Professional
Surveyors, February, 2008.
- Received Certificate of Appreciation from the US Dept. of Labor May, 2008
- Appointed Commissioner of Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET),
- Outstanding Service Award by Association of Nepalese in Midwest America in May,
- FSU Distinguished Teacher Award Finalist, 2002
- Education Outreach Award from IMAGIN, 2002
- Ferris State University, Provost Award for Excellence, 1997
- Distinguished Faculty Award from Michigan Association of Governing Boards (MAGB)
For Extraordinary Contributions to Michigan Higher Education, Lansing, MI. 1996
- Recognized by both Michigan House and the Senate as a Distinguished Faculty for
Contribution to Michigan's Higher Education
- Certificate of Recognition by the Board of Control of Ferris State University, January,
1995 and March, 1996
- Construction Department "Spark Plug Award" given by the Dean of the College of Engineering
Technology in 1989
Field Work Experience
Topographic survey, Geodetic Leveling, Monitoring survey,
Provide control for large scale photogrammetry, Triangulation, Hydrographic survey,
and GPS survey.
Office : JOH-422
Phone: (231) 591-5365
B.A. Aquinas College
M.S. in Surveying Engineering, Purdue University
Professional Surveyor, Michigan and Wisconsin.
Office : JOH-409
Phone: (231) 591-3115
E-mail Address: GaborBarsai@ferris.edu
Ph.D. in Mapping/GIS,
The Ohio State University
Professional Surveyor, Michigan
Professional Experience: Gabor Barsai
has worked in the fields of surveying and
mapping as a GPS (Global Positioning System) and
GIS (Geographic Information System) professional.
His GPS experience includes geodetic control surveys, boundary location and topographic
surveys where he has served as instrument operator and in positions of responsible
charge, and as application developer to process the data; as a GIS professional,
Mr. Barsai has served as a GIS consultant,
GIS manager, and application developer with international experience in both GPS
and GIS, including teaching and
conference presentations and simultaneous translator for several organizations. Conference
presentations include ISPRS, ASPRS, ACSM.
Office : JOH-406
Phone: (231) 591-2035
E-mail Address: SagarDeshpande@ferris.edu
Education: B.E. in Civil Engineering, University of Mumbai M.Tech. in Geoinformatic, Indian Institute
of Technology, Kanpur M.S. in Geodetic Science, The Ohio State University
Professional Licenses/Certifications: Professional Engineer, Maryland. Certified Photogrammetrist (ASPRS) Certified GIS
Professional (GISCI) Certified Floodplain Manager, (ASFPM)