- Must be enrolled in a Secondary welding course.
- Must be sponsored and accompanied by a school teacher, instructor or assistant.
- Complete and pass the written safety test with a 90% score or better.
- Behave in a safe and reasonable manner.
- Respect all people involved in the competition.
- Will perform all welds in the manner described in the weldment description sheet.
- Input from sponsoring teacher, once the competition begins, will not be allowed.
- Complete and submit registration form before April 14, 2014.
- A $20.00 per competitor registration fee is required. Fees are expected with registration form. There is no charge for instructors.
- Bring all safety equipment and tools needed to compete in this competition.
- Please make checks payable to "Ferris State University Welding Programs”.
- You will receive confirmation of registration, sample weldment drawings, and safety data upon receipt of your registration forms.
- Each High School/Technical Center may enter only one competitor in each of the five (5) welding categories.