Online Writing Help (By Topic)
A goal of the Ferris Writing Center is to help students to help themselves. One of
the ways we can do this is by providing links to the following online exercise and
The following materials are grouped by subject.
- Getting Started planning, prewriting, outlining, brainstorming, writer's block, and other subjects
that writers encounter when beginning an assignment.
- Punctuation commas, apostrophes, semicolons, quotation marks, and related materials.
- Usage how to use words correctly and make your writing clear and logical. It includes tense,
nouns, pronouns, adjectives, and spelling.
- Sentence Structure comma splices, run-ons, fused sentences, and parallelism.
- Using Sources quotations, plagiarism, citations, bibliographies, and research papers.
- Proofreading and Revision finding and correcting typos and eliminating excess words.
- "Real World" writing including application letters, resumes, and business memos.
Proofreading and Revision
The "Real World"