Advertising/Integrated Marketing Communications
Advertising/Integrated Marketing Communications Program FAQs
Here are answers to some of the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Advertising/Integrated Marketing Communications or Advertising/IMC Program at Ferris State University.
- What is Advertising/IMC?
- As an Advertising/IMC major, can I earn any additional certification?
- What are the requirements for students entering the Advertising/IMC degree program at Ferris State University?
- What will I be studying as a Advertising/IMC major?
- What are the career prospects for an Advertising/IMC graduate?
- How can I get more information about the Advertising/IMC Program?
- How do I apply to the Advertising/IMC Program?
- What is Advertising?
- Advertising/IMC is a form of promotion and persuasive communication that involves supplying information vital to the operation of a free society and a free economy. Advertising/IMC professionals identify target markets, perform research, develop advertising strategies and executions, produce advertising in a variety of media in coordination with their clients, do the media placement, and evaluate the performance of the ads.
- As an advertising major, can I earn any additional certification?
- You may earn an E-Commerce Marketing Certificate using your related major course credits, and/or a Direct Marketing Certificate. Contact Professor Susan K. Jones (office: BUS 339, phone: 231-591-2468, email: Susan_Jones@ferris.edu) for more information.
- What are the requirements for students entering the Advertising degree program at Ferris State University?
- Admission is open to high school graduates who demonstrate academic preparedness, maturity and seriousness of purpose with backgrounds appropriate to their chosen program of studies. High school GPA and the Mathematics and Reading ACT scores will be considered in the admission and placement process. Students who meet general College entrance requirements but not immediate program entrance requirements will be reviewed on an individual basis and may be accepted by the College of Business in a pre-business program. Upon completion of all prerequisites, admission to the program will be approved. This admission status extends the time required to complete degree requirements. See the Advertising/IMC Program Sheet for more information.
- What will I be studying as a Advertising major?
- From the menu on the left select "Courses Offered" or "Course Catalog" to review the Advertising/IMC program sheet, for a complete listing of courses and electives.
- What are the career prospects for an Advertising graduate?
- Advertising/IMC is a field that offers an astonishing number and variety of specialized career opportunities. It encompasses all the facets of integrated marketing communications, including general advertising, sales promotion, direct marketing, publicity, trade shows and more. Positions in this field include account executives, copywriters, creative directors, managers, media planners and buyers, salespeople and researchers.
- How can I get more information about the Advertising Program?
- Check out the rest of this web site, and if you still have questions, contact the Ferris State Marketing Department office at (231) 591-2426 to schedule a visit.
- How do I apply to the Advertising Program?
- You may apply online just by clicking here.