PGA Golf Management
PGA Golf Management Learning Center - Katke Golf Course
The PGA Golf Management program is fortunate to have a learning center on site to enhance the student experience while at Ferris.
The PGA Golf Management program at Ferris State University has taken another giant step forward with its challenging on-campus golf facility.
Located on Perry Street just east of Katke Golf Course, the facility features three practice holes, an expanded driving range with six target greens, and a chipping green with bunkers. The Practice course has been ranked in the Top 100 practice facilities by Golf Range Magazine.
The practice facility is one of the finest of its kind in the nation. The three practice holes include strategic bunkers that permit practice on a variety of trouble shots. The first hole is a 325-yard par-4, followed by a 155-yard par-3. The third hole can be played as either a 465-yard par-5 or a 330-yard par 4. Golf carts cannot be used on the practice holes.
The practice facility and practice tee (driving range) are open to the general public at a flat rate. The course is open during regular hours except when it is being used for PGM classes or golf camps.
The training facility gives Ferris the opportunity to expand youth and adult golf camps and bring additional summer business into the community. It allows students of the game to learn new skills without interfering with regular play at Katke's 18-hole course.
PGA Golf Management represents the largest academic program in Ferris' College of Business, drawing 100 students annually from across the U.S. The program has a 100 percent placement rate upon graduation within the golf business.
For more information:
Uses of the facility
- A learning laboratory for PGA Golf Management students (operated by PGA Golf Management).
- Seminars and educational programs.
- A service to the local community and FSU faculty and staff members through golf leagues and programs.
- Providing food service and a social environment to golfers.
- A learning laboratory for Hospitality Management students.
- Providing a larger selection of golf products to golfers and PGA Golf Management through expanded merchandising efforts.
- Locker room facilities as a service to guests, golf team members and PGA Golf Management.
- The facility gives Ferris the additional ability to attract larger golf groups to the Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center and Katke Golf Course.
- The PGA has gone from 4 to 18 PGM programs. To remain the leader, Ferris must continue to move forward and provide students with a state-of-the-art learning environment.
- The PGA Golf Management program has 250 students and is a source of national recognition and pride for FSU and also a tremendous revenue producer.
- The building also serves as a recreational resource for the entire Ferris community including, faculty, staff, students, Big Rapids and surrounding area golfers.