Contact a program advisor
- Business Intelligence
- Database Management and Security
- Intelligence Vulnerabilities
- Legal, Ethical, and Fraudulent Issues
- Secure Information Systems
This program prepares students for careers in business intelligence, proactive and reactive incident response (in areas like hacking and digital forensics), and project management utilizing secure practices. Positions include security officers, analysts, forensics experts, project managers, and technical managers. Cyber security is often cited among the fastest-growing career paths.
The curriculum requires a high concentration of program specific courses each semester. Students will utilize equipment and technology valued at over $2 million that has been secured by National Science Foundation and other grants and academic alliances. This includes digital forensic tools, computers, nano-scale microscopy, imaging devices, and software.
The Information Security and Intelligence program is accredited by the National Security Agency as a Center of Excellence in all Information Assurance subject areas, one of only six programs in the country to achieve this standard. The program holds the National Center for Digital Forensic Academic Excellence designation from the Department of Defense Cyber Command Center (DC3) and the Air Force Office of Special Investigations.
New & Noteworthy
Information Security and Intelligence Recognized by NSA
May 20, 2015
The National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security have designated Ferris State University as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education. This designation, in effect through academic year 2020, means that the Ferris Information… Read more »
Dr. Greg Gogolin—Recovering Lost Data
April 8, 2015
Dr. Greg Gogolin, Information Security and Intelligence Professor at Ferris State University has been conducting research to recover lost data. CD’s and DVD’s are data known as Optical Data. With the availability of CD’s, DVD’s and burners, it is possible…Read more »
Ferris Team Bests Prior Champion at College Cyber Defense
March 19, 2013
A seven-student team representing Ferris at the College Cyber Defense Competition (CCDC) achieved unprecedented success in their first year of competition, according to the CCDC. Placing second, the Frris team achieved a higher rank than the Baker College team, which… Read more »
Online Graduate Business Programs Recognized by U.S. News and World Report
January 18, 2013
Ferris State University’s online graduate business programs rank among the nation’s best, according to U.S. News and World Report’s Top Online Education rankings. Ferris ranked 54 out of 213 schools listed in the prestigious news magazine’s report released this week. The College of… Read more »
Minimum Requirements for Enrollment
- An earned bachelor degree from a regionally accredited university with an overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.8 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- GMAT score of 500 or higher, or GRE score in the upper 50th percentile with the analytical writing score at 2.5 or higher. (Waiver of test requirement will be considered if applicant has completed another Masters or Professional Degree, or if the applicant has earned their Bachelor degree with a 3.5 or better GPA).
Admission to a graduate program is granted to students showing high promise of success. The College of Business uses various measures of high promise including the candidate’s performance on the graduate admission test and upper-division grade-point average. Such measures, along with other reasonable indications of promise, will be used in combination to arrive at a final judgment.
To be considered for admission to the MS-ISI Program, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Completed application (Free on-line application can be completed at ferris.edu/admissions/application).
- Official course transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate colleges and universities previously attended, which include confirmation of a Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited university with an overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.8 or better on a 4.0 scale and 3.0 GPA or better is required in Junior and Senior level classes.
- A current resume.
- A Statement of Purpose, approximately one page typed, explaining your reasons for seeking admission into the program you have selected. Your Statement of Purpose should show that you have taken steps to learn about our programs and are familiar with and prepared for on-line or mixed-delivery, accelerated courses. You should also explain what factors have influenced your decision to apply, and how this degree will help you achieve your short-term and long-term career goals.
- Three academic or professional recommendation letters attesting to your ability to succeed in graduate level studies.
- Official GMAT score of 500 or higher, OR GRE score in the upper 50% with a 2.5 or higher on the analytical writing portion. (Waiver of test requirement will be considered if applicant has completed a previous Master’s or Professional Degree or if the applicant has earned a Bachelor degree with a 3.5 or better GPA).
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Copy of identification page(s) of your passport.
- Confidential Financial Statement signed by you or your sponsor
(on page 4 of this application).
- Original official bank statement from you or your sponsor representing
funds for at least one academic year.
- Proof of English proficiency
- TOEFL score of 70 on Internet based test with no sub score in the low, weak, or limited range.
- IELTS score of 6.5 with writing sub score of 6.0 or higher.
- For more information refer to http://www.ferris.edu/international/admissions/index.html
Application Due Dates
- February 15 – for starting summer semester in May
- June 15 – for starting fall semester in August
- October 15 – for starting winter semester in January
Applications may be accepted past deadlines if no international mailing or application for Visa is required.
Application Files should be mailed to:
US CITIZEN APPLICATION:
College of Business Graduate Programs
119 South Street, BUS 212B
Ferris State University
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2284
Other contact information:
Telephone: (231) 591-2168
FAX: (231) 591-3548
Ferris State University
1301 S. State Street, IRC 134
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2748 USA
Other contact information:
Telephone: (231) 591-2515
FAX: (231) 591-2423
When all required materials are received, the Graduate Committee will review only complete application files, and notify applicants by email of the admissions decision.
Inquiries about the CBGP programs:
©1997-2015 COB Graduate Program, Ferris State University. All Rights Reserved.
College of Business Graduate Programs, BUS 212B
119 South Street Big Rapids, MI 49307-2284, USA