Professional activities and areas of interest
Ms. Cooper is an adjunct instructor for Information Security and Intelligence at Ferris State University and Compliance Lead for the Governance, Risk and Compliance division of Information Security at Michigan State University (MSU). Ms. Cooper has created several compliance programs ensuring the security of payment card data, security control compliance, and healthcare data at MSU. Ms. Cooper has assisted with phishing research grants funded by the National Science Foundation and other organizations. She has submitted several publications and has formed several culture building committees including Club25, representing Women of IT and underrepresented members of the IT community.
Her primary technical and research interests are information security; governance, risk, compliance and phishing prevention. She holds both undergraduate and graduate degrees in Information Security and is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Information Assurance
- Current Doctoral student, pursuing a Ph.D. in Cyber Security/Information Assurance from Nova Southeastern University.
- MS, Information Security and Intelligence—Ferris State University.
- BS, Information Security and Intelligence – Ferris State University.
- Payment Card Industry Internal Security Assessor (ISA) — PCI Security Standards Council
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) — ISACA