Professional activities and areas of interest
After 20 years in the Information Systems business environment and 10 years as an adjunct faculty member, Professor Emerick joined the Ferris ISI program as a full-time faculty member in the Fall of 2011.
During his 20 years in Information Systems he held many different positions in both large, international organizations and small organizations. He has held positions including Management Consultant, Project Manager, Software Design and Development, and Database Administrator. Professor Emerick actively consults in Internet software design, business intelligence,and database administration.
Outside of the classroom, Professor Emerick enjoys time with his family, biking, water skiing, kayaking, playing the guitar and pretty much any other activity that allows him to appreciate the outdoors in Michigan.
- MS, Computer Information Systems; Grand Valley State University
- BBA, Business Computer Systems; Eastern Michigan University
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Security Analyst (E|CSA)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH)
- Secure Software Development (GIAC GSSP-.NET )