Transfer Student Degree Program Admissions Criteria
Applicants seeking to enter a degree program are expected to meet the following criteria listed below in order to be placed directly into a College of Business bachelor / associate degree program (excluding specialty programs as listed at the bottom of the page which have specific admission criteria). Any mitigating circumstances will be considered on an individual basis by the College of Business Dean's Office.
- Combined college or university GPA of 2.35 (on a 4.0 scale) from all institutions attended
- Transfer in credit for ENGL 150 or the ability to be placed into ENGL 150 your first semester at FSU (ACT of 16 or higher, SAT of 370 or higher)
- Transfer in credit for or the ability to be placed into MATH 115 your first semester at FSU (ACT of 19 or higher, SAT of 460 or higher)
Applicants not meeting the above criteria for direct admissions into a specific program, but still meeting Ferris State University admissions criteria, will be placed into the College of Business in the Pre-Business program related to their major until they meet the admission criteria for the program into which they desire entrance.
Transfer Student Admission into College of Business Specialty Programs
- Graphic Design (GRDE)
- Transfer students should be referred to Graphic Design Program Coordinator for portfolio review to determine acceptance & placement within the program
- Professional Golf Management (PGM)
- Transfer students must meet 2.5 collegiate GPA, USGA handicap of 8 or lower and have not completed more than 45 applicable credit hours.
- Professional Tennis Management (PTM)
- Transfer students must meet FSU transfer admissions criteria AND NTRP of 4.0 with USTA district ranking.
- Information Security & Intelligence (ISI)
- Transfer students must have a collegiate GPA of 2.7 or higher