Weight Room Rules/Regulations
- Children 17 and under are not allowed in the weight room.
- Participants are not allowed in the weight room without a weight room assistant on
- No, book bags, fanny packs, jackets, etc. should be left lying on the floor. Neither
University Recreation nor its employees are responsible for lost or stolen property.
Participants are encouraged to use the facility's lockers.
- Spotters are required for all over head lifts.
- No food, drinks, or chewing gum are allowed in the weight room. Exception is bottled
water in an unbreakable container.
- Only personal stereos with headphones are acceptable.
- CD player is to used by University Recreation staff only.
- All bars, weights and dumbbells must be returned to the proper plate holder or rack
- No equipment shall leave the weight room at any time.
- Belt use is recommended when attempting heavy lifts.
- Collars are mandatory at all times on Olympic and curl bars.
- Slamming or dropping weight stacks or free weights is prohibited.
- Closed-toe athletic shoes must be worn at all times (no metal buckles or latches allowed).
- The use of chalk is prohibited.
- Items that may damage the equipment upholstery may not be worn while using these machines
(i.e. jewelry, jeans, etc.).
- Respect for equipment, facilities and staff must be demonstrated at all times.
- Medical check-up and approval by personal physician before participation in any physical
activity is highly recommended especially for men over 40, women over 50, and persons
with any potentially limiting physical condition (pregnancy, back or heart problems,
Participants Exercise at Their Own Risk
We strongly recommend that all individuals consult a physician before beginning any
Failure to adhere to any policies may result in loss of privileges.