The Office of Housing and Residence Life at Ferris State University is
committed to providing comprehensive professional development opportunities for
our professional staff. The following is a brief outline of just
some of the opportunities available:
- Strong encouragement to actively participate in local, regional, and
national professional organizations such
as GLACUHO, MCPA, NASPA, ACPA, ACJA, etc.
- 8-9 credit hours of FSU tuition remission per semester.
- The opportunity and encouragement to serve on divisional, University
and professional organization committees.
- Collaboration opportunities with Student
Activities, Career Services, Office of Student Conduct, Office of Multicultural Affairs,
International Affairs, Counseling
Center,Orientation, Greek Life, and Summer Camps and Conferences and most
other areas of interest.
- Appointment as chair of at least one Department Committee.
- Opportunity to advise one or more of our 210+ Registered Student
- Formal professional development activities as part of weekly
bi-monthly professional development meetings with shared responsibility for
content and delivery.
- The opportunity to teach FSUS 100 – First Year Seminar or
- Ongoing personal and professional development opportunities offered
by the Office of the President, Diversity and Inclusion
Office, Office of General Counsel, Human Resources, Division of
Student Affairs, and the Office of Residence Life.
You are limited only by your own ambition!