Grade Appeals, Incompletes, and Course Repeats
Student Resources

Academic Probation and Dismissal Policy
Changing Name, Address or Major
Counseling & Disability Services
MyFSU and Email
New Student Orientation
Library Resources
Online/Mixed Delivery Courses
Student ID Cards
Tech Support & Software Purchases
Title IX Community Resources
Transcript Requests
Weather & Cancellations
Writing Center

Appeal Your Grade in a Class

Refer to the Academic Affairs Grade Change Appeal Policy for the appeal process. If you disagree with an assigned grade, you need to follow the appeal process. First, contact the instructor of the course and discuss it. If there is still disagreement, contact the department head of the offered course. Final appeal rests with the dean's office that offered the course. Additional policy information is in the Academic Affairs Retention of Student Work, Grade Records and Grade Appeals Policy.

Receiving an Incomplete

If you receive a grade of incomplete (I) in a course, it indicates that you have successfully completed 75% of the course requirements, and you should not re-register for the course. The grade of "I" is assigned for illness or other necessary absence, generally beyond the student's control, which prevents the completion of course requirements.

Incomplete grades that are not made up within the following semester are changed to grades of "F," unless a written authorization by the instructor requesting a time extension is received by the Records Office. Make sure to keep your copy of the incomplete grade form supplied by your

Repeating Courses

The repeat policy was changed effective Fall 2008 and should be reviewed. In part it states: A student may repeat a course previously taken up to three (3) times. For exceptions to this limitation a student may appeal to the Chairperson/Department Head of the department offering the course. Credit is given for a course only once, even though it can be repeated up to three times.

The grade received the last time the course is taken, excluding I, W, CR or NC, is the only grade used in computing your cumulative grade point average (GPA).


Apply & Transfer


Apply Now
Transfer Equivalences
Transferring Credits
Guest Students

Options & Information


Degree Programs
Index of Locations
Online Options
Tuition & Aid
Important Dates

Contact Information


Apply Here
RSVP for an Event
Contact Us
Request Information
Schedule Advising

FSU Logo

Link to Facebook Link to Twitter