Advisor for MSN Program
The RN to MSN accelerated track is a hybrid of two existing degree programs at Ferris for Registered Nurses (RNs) who enter the profession after completion of an associate degree or diploma nursing program.
The RN to BSN program and the MSN programs are combined to provide all of the necessary components to allow an accelerated trajectory to the MSN as the terminal nursing degree at Ferris. Upon completion of this track, the student is awarded both the BSN degree and the MSN degree.
RN to MSN Accelerated Track Progression/Application Process
- Apply and be accepted into the RN to BSN Completion program.
- Let your advisor know you are interested in pursuing the RN to MSN Accelerated Track program.
- Complete RN to MSN course bridgework.
- Complete general education credits required.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA in all your NURS courses.
- Apply to the MSN program at the beginning of your last semester of course bridgework.
Fall Semester (August)
- Applications must be received by June 1.
- All application materials, including transcripts, must be received by Ferris no later than June 15.
Spring Semester (January)
- Applications must be received by November 1.
- All application materials, including transcripts, must be received by Ferris no later than November 15.
The MSN program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).